ⓘ Free online encyclopedia. Did you know? page 27

Eldorado, Georgia

A variant name was "Fender". A post office called Fender was established in 1898, and remained in operation until 1959. The present name is derived from Spanish meaning "golden one".

Ellabell, Georgia

Ellabell is an unincorporated community in Bryan County, Georgia, United States. It is on the outskirts of Savannah, It is located on Georgia Route 204 about 7 miles east of Pembroke, Georgia, and about 23 miles west of Savannah. The Community is ...

Ellenwood, Georgia

Ellenwood is an unincorporated community in Clayton, Henry, Rockdale, and DeKalb counties in the U.S. state of Georgia. The community is a southeast suburb of Atlanta and is located along Interstate 675 and Georgia State Route 42. Ellenwood has a ...

Ellerslie, Georgia

A post office called Ellerslie has been in operation since 1828. The name of the community is believed to have origins from a character in the Waverley Novels written by Sir Walter Scott named Captain Ellerslie. The community was struck by a torn ...

Elmodel, Georgia

Elmodel is an unincorporated community in northern Baker County, Georgia, United States. It lies on State Route 37 to the northeast of the city of Newton, the county seat of Baker County. Its elevation is 161 feet.

Epworth, Georgia

Epworth is an unincorporated community and census-designated place in Fannin County, Georgia, United States. As of the 2010 census it had a population of 480. It lies at an elevation of 1.706 feet in the north-central part of the county. A former ...

Esom Hill, Georgia

The first permanent settlement at Esom Hill was made in 1848. A post office called Esom Hill has been in operation since 1850. The communitys name honors the Esom family.

Estelle, Georgia

A post office called Estelle was established in 1883, and remained in operation until it was discontinued in 1905. The community took its name from the Estelle Mining Company.

Everett Springs, Georgia

A post office called Everett Springs was established in 1851, and remained in operation until it was discontinued in 1906. Elkanan Everett, a pioneer settler, gave the community its name.

Everett, Georgia

Everett, Georgia is a small, rural unincorporated community in Glynn County, Georgia, United States. Robert Hammond Everett of Brunswick, Georgia, once owned large tracts of timber in the vicinity and operated a lumber and cypress shingle mill ne ...

Excelsior, Georgia

The community was named after nearby Excelsior Schoolhouse. A post office called Excelsior was established in 1879, and remained in operation until 1905. Variant names were "Little Creek" and "Red Branch".

Faceville, Georgia

Faceville is an unincorporated community in Decatur County, Georgia, United States. Faceville is located at the junction of Georgia State Route 97 and Georgia State Route 302 Spur, 11 miles south-southwest of Bainbridge.

Fairchild, Georgia

A post office called Fairchild was established in 1887, and remained in operation until 1913. According to tradition, the community was named after one Mr. Fairchild, a pioneer citizen. A variant name is "Fairchilds".

Fairfax, Georgia

A post office called Fairfax was established in 1900, and remained in operation until 1943. The Georgia General Assembly has included in 1907 as the "city of Fairfax". City Charter of municipality was abolished about 20 years.

Fairplay, Douglas County, Georgia

The main schools of the area are South Douglas Elementary, Fairplay Middle School, and although it is not technically apart of the areas school system Alexander High School.

Felton, Georgia

Felton is an unincorporated community in Haralson County, Georgia, United States. The community is located along U.S. Route 27, 6.2 miles north-northwest of Buchanan. Felton has a post office with ZIP code 30140.

Fickling Mill, Georgia

The community was named for one Dr. Fickling, an early settler and Civil War veteran. Variant names were "Fickling", "Ficklings Mill", "Ficklins Mill", and "Flickins Mill". A post office called Fickling was established in 1887, and remained in op ...

Fidelle, Georgia

A post office called Fidelle was established in 1889, and remained in operation until being discontinued in 1908. The name is derived from Latin meaning "faithful".

Fincherville, Georgia

A post office called Fincherville was established in 1895, and remained in operation until 1901. The community was named after John Lumpkin Fincher, a pioneer citizen.

Findlay, Georgia

A post office called Findlay was established in 1889, and remained in operation until 1905. The community was named after one Mr. Findlay, the proprietor of a local sawmill.

Fish Creek, Georgia

A post office was established as Fish in 1874, and remained in operation until it was discontinued in 1934. The community took its name from nearby Fish Creek.

Fitzpatrick, Georgia

A variant name was "Elmwood". A post office called Elmwood was established in 1879, the name was changed to Fitzpatrick in 1891, and the post office closed in 1934. The community was named after Benjamin S. Fitzpatrick, an early settler.

Five Forks, Gwinnett County, Georgia

Five Forks is an unincorporated community in Gwinnett County in the U.S. state of Georgia near the intersections of River Road, Five Forks Trickum, Oak Road and Dogwood Road. It is a former mail-stop served from the mid-1800s to early 1900s by th ...

Flair Forest

Flair Forest is an unincorporated Atlanta neighborhood in northeast DeKalb County, Georgia. The schools of the area are Hawthorne Elementary School, Henderson Middle School, and Lakeside High School.

Flat Top Mountain (Georgia)

Flat Top Mountain is a summit in the U.S. state of Georgia. The elevation is 3.589 feet. The flat top of the mountain was descriptive of them on account of its flat top.

Fleming, Georgia

Fleming is an unincorporated community in Liberty County, Georgia, United States. The community is 10.2 miles east-northeast of Hinesville. Fleming had a post office until it closed on March 9, 2013, it still has its own ZIP code, 31309.

Flint, Georgia

Flints latitude is at 31.317 and its longitude is at -84.179. Its elevation rests at 184 feet. Flint appears on the Baconton South U.S. Geological Survey Map and lies at the intersection of U.S. 19 and Tution Road. Flint Road, River Road, and Sai ...

Flintside, Georgia

A post office called Flintside was established in 1924, and remained in operation until 1935. The community was named from its location on the Flint River. A variant name was "Huguenin".

Flintstone, Georgia

Flintstone is an unincorporated community in Walker County, Georgia, United States. Located in northwestern Georgia, Flintstone lies approximately 12 miles south of Chattanooga, Tennessee, 120 miles northwest of Atlanta, 135 miles southeast of Na ...

Folsom, Georgia

A post office was established at Folsom in 1886, and remained in operation until it was discontinued in 1917. The community was named for Frances Folsom Cleveland, First Lady of the United States 1886–1889.

Ford, Georgia

A post office called Ford was established in 1888, and remained in operation until 1907. The community has the name of Joseph Ford, a pioneer citizen.

Fort Mudge, Georgia

Fort Mudge the fort after which the community is named is described as "a temporary fortification during the Florida war", established in 1813. It was abandoned at the end of the war, although it may have been briefly reoccupied in 1838 during th ...

Fortville, Georgia

A post office called Fortville was in operation between 1825 and 1903. The community was named early from a pioneer fort which stood at the site. Variant names were "Old Fort" and "The Fortification".

Foster Mills, Georgia

A post office called Fosters Mills was established in 1886, and remained in operation until it was discontinued in 1907. The community was named for brothers John and Greene Foster, who operated a mill there.

Fouche, Georgia

A post office called Fouche was established in 1881, and remained in operation until it was discontinued in 1901. The community was named for Simpson Fouche, a pioneer. A later member of the family, C. M. Fouche, operated several mills near the site.

Fowlstown, Georgia

Fowlstown is an unincorporated community in Decatur County, Georgia, United States. The community is located on Georgia State Route 309, 7.3 miles south of Bainbridge. Fowlstown has a post office with ZIP code 39852, which opened on March 12, 188 ...

Francisville, Georgia

Francisville was founded in 1825. With the construction of the railroad in the 1850s, business activity shifted away from inland Francisville, and the towns population dwindled. A post office called Francisville was established in 1835, and remai ...

Free Home, Georgia

Free Home is an unincorporated community in the eastern part of Cherokee County, Georgia, United States. Centered at the intersection of state highways 20 and 372, the rural community has seen moderate suburbanization of the area since the late 1 ...

Fruitland, Georgia

Fruitland is an unincorporated community in northeastern Echols County, Georgia, United States. It lies on State Route 187 to the northeast of the unincorporated community of Statenville, the county seat of Echols County. Its elevation is 161 feet.

Gardi, Georgia

Gardi is a small unincorporated community on the outskirts of Jesup, Georgia, in the United States. The community exists primarily along U.S. Route 341 and its population is around 200. Some say that the community gets its name from the fact one ...

George T. Bagby State Park

George T. Bagby State Park is a 700-acre state park located in southwestern Georgia on the shore of Walter F. George Lake. The park offers a 60 room lodge, conference center, restaurant, cottages, and features the 18 hole Meadow Links Golf Course ...

Georgia International Convention Center

The Georgia International Convention Center or GICC, opened in April 2009, is the second largest convention center in the U.S. state of Georgia, the largest being the Georgia World Congress Center. It is located at 2000 Convention Center Concours ...

Georgia Subdivision

The Georgia Subdivision is a railroad line owned by CSX Transportation in the U.S. State of Georgia. The line runs from Harrisonville, Georgia, to Lithonia, Georgia, for a total of 145.9 miles. At its east end it continues west from the Atlanta T ...

Georgias 22nd Senate district

Georgias 22nd Senate District elects one member of the Georgia Senate. Its current representative for the 2019–20 session is Democrat Harold V Jones.

Georgias 95th House district

Georgias 95th House District elects one member of the Georgia House of Representatives. Its current representative is Democrat Beth Moore who was first elected in the 2018 General Elections. House district 95 was approved on 23 August 2011, when ...

Georgias 106th House district

Georgias 106th House District elects one member of the Georgia House of Representatives. Its current representative for the 1019–20 session is Republican Brett Harrell.

Georgias 107th House district

Georgias 107th House District elects one member of the Georgia House of Representatives. This district covers a portion of the northeast metropolitan Atlanta area, covering parts of Snellville and Lawrenceville in Gwinnett County. Its current rep ...

Gerber, Georgia

A post office called Gerber was established in 1880, and remained in operation until it was discontinued in 1895. G. Fred Gerber, the first postmaster, gave the community its name.

Germany Valley (Georgia)

Germany Valley, located in Rabun County in the U.S. state of Georgia, four miles northwest of Clayton, is a gently sloping valley surrounded by Blue Ridge Mountain peaks. The Germany community is often referred to by local residents as "Germany M ...

Gladesville, Georgia

A post office called Gladesville wasw established in 1853, and remained in operation until 1931. The community was named for a glade near the original town site. An old variant name is "The Glades".